Why Mentoring is important…
Creating structure to gain new perspectives on significant matters.
Connecting – Real dialog with Probe industry expert.
Rising – Lifting to multiple levels of viewpoints and guiding from lessons.
Engaging – Regular connections of insight, intentional networking.
Worldwide – Global industry, providing diverse perspective of industry.
2022 Information Coming Soon
2022 SWT Crew Program
- Recruiting, diverse perspectives, passionate about creating change.
- The first step is to register for SWTest 2022 (at any level) by May 23rd. SWTest 2022 is scheduled from Sunday, June 5 – Wednesday, June 8.
- After registering for the conference, if interested in participating in the Mentorship Program, fill out the appropriate form below: Mentor or Mentee. We will use the information provided to match you later.
- If you have any questions regarding the program or are interested in volunteering, please send an email to us at SWTCrew@SWTest.org.
- Thank you for your willingness to provide guidance for our future.
4 Phases of Mentoring
- Get to know each other – Building the relationship
- Outline objectives and measurable goals for the journey, quarterly checkpoints
- Follow the plan and regroup/reengage “Probe the Mentor/Mentee”
- Conclude mentoring activities
Kickoff date: June 2022 Closure date: June 2023
Initially focused on Females
- Personal goals specify eg. career, motivation or gain skills
- Willing to learn and share 1:1
- Schedule sessions (every 4-6wks)
- Maintain learning journal
- Open mindset to new thoughts and methods
- Listen and consider acting on advice
- Proactive and flexible, homework!
- Trust & Confidentiality
- Teacher, Adviser, Guide, Friend.
- Two-way relationship learning
- Maintain engagement
- Big picture, puzzle pieces
- Reflective attitude, embrace the risk of change…
- Unconditional positive attitude
- Not coaching or sponsorship
- Understand different styles
- Have a “Go for it” attitude, unique opportunity in Probe Industry
- Stay in balance by seeking to become a “Superpower” not “Superwoman”
- Seek to find mutually beneficial results from your relationship (teamwork)
- Good time to create your mission and develop strategies to achieve it.
- Expand your contacts and network, follow up on assigned homework.
- Be an advocate for other women in the industry, actively seek advice.
- Speak up! Help us make this program a success for the next SWT Crew.
- With your information, we will match intentionally for best connections.
How do I sign up?
During the SWTest Registration Process, you will be given an opportunity to opt into the Mentor Program either as a Mentor or Mentee. You will be asked to fill out a form that will be sent to the SWT Crew Committee. The information you provide in the form will be used to help us match you to the right person.
What to expect
Here is an overview of the process and timeline:
- Deadline to sign up for the Mentoring Program closes when Registration ends
- SWT Crew will start the Match-Making Process as soon as Registration closes
- SWT Crew will host a Network Event at SWTest in Carlsbad on Tuesday, June 7th
- The Mentor-Mentee Matches will be announced the SWT Crew Kick-Off Event
- The Mentor-Mentee Matches will be announced at the SWT Networking Event
- Mentor/Mentee will meet virtually monthly throughout the year
- Program end is tentatively June 2023 at SWTest in Carlsbad
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email us at SWTCrew@SWTest.org
We look forward to engaging with you!
Search the resources table below by using the search bar on the right. You can search the information in any of the columns. The table is also sortable by column, just click on the column you wish to sort.